I made a little flower pendant and because the petals were shorter than the hibiscus it was infinitely easier to put together. I fired it in the stainless steel pan adding carbon on top once the first firing was done, instead of firing it first on a steel mesh and then moving it to the pan. I didn't want it to meet the same fate as my hibiscus.
You can see the charcoal still glowing from being heated to 500 degrees C. The two other charms are a little trial of a new bronze clay just to see if it fires well. This method ensures that the pieces are not handled between firings, hoping to reduce the chances of accidental heartbreak!
The next morning I crept down to the conservatory even before I had my first cup of tea and OMG, my kiln shelf had cracked right down the middle! However, when I took the pan out of the kiln and scrabbled about in the carbon, the three pieces of bronze had survived unscathed, and looked rather nice, although one of the Sunny bronze charms had shrunk a bit more than the other.
Colour Me Beautiful
I thought I'd make a couple of pendants strung on torque necklaces this week - little projects that weren't terribly time consuming and seemed ideal for a week of festivity.
Happy New Year to you all, take care and stay safe